The next time you decide to order a bubble tea, it might pay to check what's inside the cup as you never know what you might find. Following reports of cockroaches and batteries being found inside beverages this year, a new surprising 'ingredient' has made an appearance: a rubber glove, reports Shine.
The scandal was recently exposed on Weibo by a netizen called 'vermix.' On December 3, she ordered three cups of bubble tea from the HKRI Taikoo Hui outlet of Heytea via the delivery platform Ele.me. Once delivered, she found the disgusting object inside one of the cups. "How horrible," vermix wrote. "I have sent the relevant information to Heytea and will await their explanation and solution."
Images via vermix/Weibo
A day later, Heytea released an official statement on Weibo, claiming that their employees never use such kind of gloves. In addition, they have checked the surveillance footage of that day and spotted no irregular operation. That being said, they can't guarantee the quality of the bubble tea during the delivery process.
Image via The Paper
"We have run down an internal investigation in the wake of the incident, and the deliveryman is innocent," Ele.me told The Paper. "We feel deeply sorry for the responsible party's groundless allegations."
Currently, it's still unclear who is to blame for the glove in the bubble tea. In light of the mystery, the Jing'an District Market Supervision and Management Bureau has advised that they will conduct a thorough investigation.
[Cover image via vermix/Weibo]