Ever wanted to learn more about Chinese culture? Here’s your chance!
You’ll be able to join in on a traditional tea ceremony performance, learn how to make your own DIY oil-paper umbrella hand painting from the pros and more. Guests can also enjoy an array of delicious afternoon tea delights during the workshop.
Plus, you’ll get the chance to win a free stay at the Regalia Hotel in Suzhou! (Details on how to enter the competition at the bottom of this post).
Here’s a sneak peek at what’s in store for the workshop…
1. Oil Paper Umbrella Hand Painting Lesson
2. Silk Scarf Hand Tie-Dye Lesson
3. Circular Fan Water Extension Painting Lesson
4. Afternoon Tea
There are only 20 spots open for each of the DIY lessons, so what are you waiting for? Join this great opportunity for in-depth and hands-on understanding of Suzhou’s intangible cultural heritage!
Suzhou Cultural Heritage Workshop
Date: April 14, 2pm
Venue: Camelia Restaurant, Four Seasons Hotel Pudong
DIY Lessons: oil-paper umbrella hand painting lesson, silk scarf hand tie-dye lesson, circular fan water extension painting lesson
Discount Price: RMB99 per lesson (original price: RMB200), click here to buy tickets
Lucky Draw: One complimentary voucher of Regalia Hotel in Suzhou (random draw from RSVP list)
We will also be holding an upcoming trip to Suzhou later this month. Interested in joining? You’ll be able to sign up during the cultural heritage workshop.
Scan the code to sign up now!
* Note: This event is strictly for foreigners, and only 20 spaces are available for each lesson. Spots are available on a first come, first served basis.
We are giving away a one night stay with breakfast at the Regalia Hotel in Suzhou. For your chance to win, simply take the following steps...
1) Register for the Suzhou Cultural Heritage Workshop.
2) Share this post to your WeChat Moments with the caption 'That's what I want!'
3) Take a screenshot of your Moments post and send it to That's Shanghai WeChat account (ID: Thats_Shanghai) along with your email address, phone number and workshop registration confirmation code.
Not already a follower of the official That's Shanghai WeChat account? Scan the QR code below:
This article was originally published by our sister magazine That's Shanghai. For more articles like this, visit the That's Shanghai website, or follow the That's Shanghai WeChat account (ID: Thats_Shanghai).