Calling all aspiring editors, writers, journalists and bloggers. Fancy getting hands-on editorial and writing experience with an English-language media company internship? Urban Family magazine is looking for an intern with an interest in journalism and new media, to work alongside our dedicated and dynamic team.
Our publication covers a wide variety of topics such as News, Arts & Entertainment, Events, Dining and Lifestyle.
We're looking for enthusiastic candidates with excellent Mandarin and English writing and reporting skills, and an eye for details.
• Basic writing and reporting experience
• Proficient Mandarin to English translation skills
• Proficient English-writing skills, with a strong grasp of spelling, grammar, punctuation and style
• Native or native-level Mandarin skills
• Experience in maintaining and creating content for a blog or website
• Experience with or interest in learning how to work with common Content Management Systems (i.e. Wordpress, Tumblr, Drupal)
• Experience with or interest in learning HTML basics
• Experience with or interest in learning how to work with common social media platforms (i.e Facebook, Twitter, WeChat, Instagram, Weibo)
• Experience with or interest in learning how to work with Adobe Photoshop or other image editing software (i.e. Lightroom, GIMP)
• Organized, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines
• Writing, copyediting and fact-checking of content for our websites and print magazines
• Researching and pitching new story ideas
Here are some of the benefits you’ll get from interning with us
• Gain experience in online, mobile app and print magazine publishing
• Learn more about editorial production, digital content management, social media, photography, graphics and more
• Become more familiar with the news publishing cycle and gain a better understanding of proper editorial judgment for both web and print
• Build up a portfolio of writing clips under your own byline
Interested in applying?
To apply, send an email with your resume, cover letter and two English writing samples to (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject 'Editorial Internship.'
Interns should be available to work a minimum of 2 days per week.