Yew Wah International Education School has the honour to invite Professor Kathy Sylva from Oxford University, UK’s distinguished preeminent scholar, to visit Guangzhou for her very first time and share with us:
Why Quality in Early Education Matters:
Evidence from the UK EPPSE Study
What is EPPSE?
- EPPSE stands for Effective Pre-School, Primary and Secondary Education.It is a research on the effectiveness of pre-school, primary and secondary education carried out by the Institute of Education, University of London.
- It is the largest study in the UK and Europe to investigate the effects of pre-school, primary and secondary education on children’s short, medium and longer term development. The research study has followed the progress of 3000+ children since 1997 from the age of 3 to 16.
- It is launched by the Parliament and funded by the Department for Education, UK and has prominent effect on the education and social development in UK and Europe.
About Professor Kathy Sylva
- Professor of Educational Psychology at the Department of Education of the University of Oxford, who earned a PhD at Harvard University
- Elected Fellow of the British Psychological Society and awarded an OBE for services to children and families in 2008
- Specialist adviser to the UK Parliamentary Select Committee on Education in 2000-2009
- Invited by the HKSAR Government Education Bureau’s Committee on Free Kindergarten Education to be guest speaker at the International Forum on Kindergarten Education in 2013
- Received the first Lifetime Achievement Award from the British Educational Research Association
- Possessing 50 years of educational experience and having published seven books and more than 100 papers on education
Date: November 15, 2014 (Saturday)
Time: 10 a.m. – 12 noon
Venue: Four Seasons Hotel, Guangzhou, 5 Zhujiang West Road, Tianhe District
Language: English (with Chinese simultaneous translation)
Limited seats available, reserve now!
(20) 8683 2662/ 400 860 9778