This variation on pigs in blankets makes a perfect festive party snack – you can even prepare them the night before and pop them in the oven when the party is about to start. Try swapping the pork mince for stuffing balls if you’re working with Christmas dinner leftovers!
1-3 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
1-2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp butter
300g minced pork
1 pack streaky ‘American-style’ bacon
100g dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 180oC (356oF). Combine ground pork with cranberries, season generously with salt and pepper. Shape into balls.
2. Wrap each ball with bacon, and hold it together with a cocktail stick.
3. Place balls on a tinfoil-lined baking tray and put in the oven for 25 mins.
4. Gently heat maple syrup, soy and butter in a pan until smooth. Adjust ratio to taste if necessary.
5. Brush the glaze over pork balls when 25 mins is up, and put back in the oven for an additional 5-10 mins. Repeat this step for a stronger glaze flavor. Serve.