Concord Academy is excited to announce their first 2019 Summer Programme for children from two to six years old. To enrich children's learning experience, specialist Sport, Art, Science and Drama classes will be offered together with our excellent, fused English and Chinese curriculum. Our Summer Programme will guarantee all the little ones a busy, happy and meaningful summer time.
Theme Based English and Chinese Fused Curriculum Class
During the summer programme time, our excellent English and Chinese fused curriculum will be carried out in 3 sessions based on 3 different themes - Jonathan Swift's "Gulliver's travels", Jules Verne's "20,000 Metres Under Water" and Rudyard Kipling's "the Jungle Book". Children will explore world famous tourist sites, different cultures, under water world and forest adventures through a variety of fun activities in English Literacy, Phonics, Reading, STEM, Maths, art, music etc.
Speech and Drama
The two weeks of immersive English Drama learning will bring unexpected surprises to children. The children will improve their communication skills, self-confidence and English skills of speech in a multi-dimensional way. Experienced theatre masters will teach based on the Speech and Drama syllabus from London College of Music Examinations.
In the Mad Science Programme, children's curiosity about the Scientific world around them will be stimulated. Children's desire to interpret phenomena and acquire knowledge will be ignited. Children's brains and hands will be drawn into the magic of Science. Professional teachers will build on STEM to encourage and guide children in bold, independent, and creative exploration.
In the Taekwondo programme, children don't just practice offensive and defensive techniques. They learn how to control anger, focus and regulate their breathing, control their muscles for balance, and respect themselves and others. Our specially invited Korean professional Taekwondo team will ensure children's physical and mental development progress to a higher level.
Students will learn about 10 of the world's top masters, browse more than 50 world famous paintings, explore 10 art styles and art history, access to 30 painting materials, create their own master paintings... All this will happen in our creative art course! Young artists have learned from the art history courses developed by foreign private kindergartens, which will bring us a feast of art.
English and Chinese Fused Curriculum Class Schedule
Session 1: July 1 to 12 8:45-4:00
Session 2: July 15 to 26 8:45-4:00
Session 3: August 12 to 23 8:45-4:00
Specialist Class Schedule
Mad Science 9:00-10:00
Creative Art 9:00-10:00
Speech & Drama 10:20-11:20
Summer Programme Details
- English and Chinese Fused Curriculum Classes will be taught by Concord Academy's own teachers.
- The minimum number of each Specialist Class is 10, maximum is 20. Fees will be refunded if the number is less than 10. Seats will be offered on a first come first served basis.
- The English and Chinese Fused Curriculum Class fee is charged by day. (this doesn't include the Specialist Classes fees)
Session 1: 7826 RMB
Session 2: 7826 RMB
Session 3: 8182 RMB
- School Bus Service: 5 current school buses will be in service if the number of the passengers reaches their mimimun. Please contact us for the route details. (email@example.com)
- Each session of the Specilist Class offers different theme. However, Taekwondo class will offer up to two levels of teaching in 3 sessions.
- All the specialist courses are only provided to students who book the English and Chinese Fused Classes on a first come first serve basis.
For more information and registration, scan the QR code below.
[All images via Concord Academy]