Art is a genuine form of imagination that helps us connect with the rich and historic past. If we draw a glass from the Tang Dynasty, can we understand Du Fu's sorrow? If we draw a lamp from the Song Dynasty, can we feel the passion of Li Qingzhao?
Let us revel in the beauty of ancient Chinese poetry this spring and summer. Help the classics live on by creating your own illustrations of China’s timeless traditions.
Registration for the first ever Illustration Contest for Classical Chinese Poetry, sponsored by Jiahui International Hospital, is now open to the public! Students of all ages are welcome to enter.
Who Can Participate
• Elementary school students (grades 1-5)
• Junior high school students (grades 6-9)
• High school students (grades 10-12)
*Open to students of all nationalities
Scan the QR code below to sign up:
1. Registration starts: April 18
• The contest will be divided up into three different categories based on the varying levels of difficulty of Tang Dynasty poetry.
• Participants will register in the designated category and randomly answer questions based on the group. (Entrants cannot re-register once they’ve chosen a category).
• Each student will create a poetry illustration matching their chosen theme.
• No restrictions on the style of illustration: oil painting, watercolor painting, ink painting, pastel painting, etc. are all acceptable formats. (Note: illustrations must be painted or drawn by hand. Computer illustrations will not be accepted).
2. Submission period: April 18 - June 9
• Complete the registration within the submission period and send an electronic version of your work to our official email address (email@example.com).
• One submission per student only.
• When submitting your entry, please include the contestant ID, student’s full name and poem title, and attach a candid photo of the contestant working on his/her illustration.
• Entries that don’t meet all of the submission requirements listed above will be automatically disqualified.
3. Online voting and selection: June 20 - July 21
• All entries will be classified according to groups and topics and a one-month public voting session will be carried out on the WeChat public platform.
• Online voting will select a 'Star Illustrator' for each topic.
• At the same time, a team of professional judges will also select 'Talented Illustrators.'
4. Results announced: July 26
• In each group, the entrants who receive the highest number of votes per poem will be awarded the title of Star Illustrator.
• Entrants who receive recognition by the team of judges will be awarded the title of Talented Illustrator.
• Two prizes are available in each category.
• Star Illustrators will receive a Certificate of Honor from China Intercontinental Press and have the opportunity to receive exclusive gifts.
• Talented Illustrators will receive a Certificate of Honor from China Intercontinental Press and have the opportunity to see their work published.
Business Enquiries: Please call 400-820-8428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Jiahui International Hospital
Jiahui International Hospital (JIH) is the first tertiary level international hospital in Shanghai and represents the cornerstone of Jiahui Health’s healthcare system. JIH’s experienced and multilingual physicians, of which 25% are from abroad, deliver leading global healthcare covering all major medical specialties.
JIH focuses on patient-centric care with 500 beds (246 beds in phase I) and outpatient services. JIH’s featured specialty services include Jiahui International Cancer Center, Women’s Health, Pediatric Services, Orthopedics and Sports Medicine. Through a state-of-the-art Emergency Unit, JIH offers a full-spectrum 24-hour medical services, including a fully equipped rabies prevention clinic.
JIH has a strategic collaboration and is co-branded with Massachusetts General Hospital, a teaching hospital affiliated with Harvard Medical School.
[Cover image via Pexels]