By Magdalena Skalkowska
This easy to make, five-step salad mixes your favorite nuts with creamy avocado and rich eggs. It gives you plenty of the good stuff too – think good fats, protein and many essential nutrients – and is absolutely packed with fresh summer flavor.
2 hardboiled eggs
A handful of your favourite nuts and seeds (we used sunflower and pumpkin seeds, plus almonds)
A bunch of fresh cilantro (also known as coriander leaves), chopped
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Salt & pepper
1. Wash the cucumber, peel it and then cut into coins, halving each.
2. Peel the avocado, slice it in half and remove the stone. Slice into pieces, place in a bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice – this will stop it from browning.
3. Peel the eggs and slice them into quarters.
4. To bring the most flavor out of the nuts, brown them in a dry pan over a low heat for a few minutes.
5. Grab a spoon - it’s time to mix it all up. Gently combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl, season with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
// Magdalena Skalkowska works at FIELDS China (www.fieldschina.com), an online grocery store delivering safe & delicious food to over 200 cities in China. She is a keen amateur food photographer, and believes that dining is about more than eating; it’s also about the visual satisfaction.