Schools out (or will be very soon) and it’s a bit of a grey day. Perhaps the family is sitting around and feeling a little uninspired today. Fear not! I have the perfect activity for you and your children.
Why not create some magic fairy potion?! I found this amazing craft idea from Artsy Ants that I think would be a great gift idea, or just something fun and creative to do. You could tell them a whole bunch of stories about this “magic” bottle that will have their imaginations running wild. Just make sure they don't drink it.
You will need:
• A clear, empty bottle (preferably a nice looking one)
• Distilled water (you can just use boiled tap water that has been cooled down)
• Glycerin (甘油) Gānyóu in Chinese.
• Glitter flakes, sequins, light plastic beads - anything that sparkles and is light enough to float around
• Some pretty twine, lace or ribbon to wrap around the bottleneck
• Pour 1 part distilled water, 1 equal part glycerin into bottle. Depending on the size of your container you may need less or more. Just make sure it is an equal amount of both.
• Add the glitter flakes, sequins and whatever else you want in your bottle.
• Tightly close the bottle.
• Wrap pretty lace or twine or both around the bottle neck.
• If you're giving your bottle away you could add a tag to tell the recipient what this bottle is about.
Simply give the bottle a good shake like a snow globe and hold it against the light or sunshine and watch the sparkles swirl around!
[Cover image via We Heart It]